Wednesday 16 March 2011

Hear No Evil Tour!

It has been a ridiculously long time since I wrote in my blog so there is a stupid amount of gossip to catch up on. Before I start you should probably go get yourself a cuppa...

There... ok.

Right, lets begin. The TOUR! Officially the HEAR NO EVIL tour is done and dusted, we drove over 1000 miles up and down the UK but we are all safely back in the land of song spending insane amounts of time downloading footage and photos. Some of it though does manage to capture the amount of fun we had. There’s also a documentary being compiled with all the behind the scenes stuff (i.e. tea drinking and sleeping... im just too rock n roll).

The Milkwood Jam gig was incredible. Everyone who said they were going to turn up did and we just had stupid amounts of fun. I decided for the tour to be completely self indulgent and played all the songs I enjoy doing and some songs that needed a good airing. It felt like a giant exhale after a long feeling of “tid-bits” musically. 2 songs here and there, or a slot here and there. It was nice to have a good chunk of time to just completely blow out the musical cobwebs. And I feel relieved and ready for more.

Sheffield was an awesome small venue which was just enough for the three of us, Solihull was definitely one of those “cutting your teeth” gigs with a fun audience, Cardiff had awesome sound and considering the venue didn’t put tickets up for sale till 3 DAYS BEFORE we still held our own there. The biggest surprise though was London. I swear when I first went into the venue music room I was in some sort of scene from SAW and was about to be abducted by a mad man with frontal lobe damage. But with lighting and a cool soundie it turned out to be my fav gig from the tour! We played to a packed room who were just up and ready for the fun of the evening. Scott and Maria played flawlessly (as usual ) and I gave it a bit welly!

And then disaster struck. The car balls’d up so we had to cancel Manchester. Don’t fret though, we are coming back in a month or so, plus tagging a few more dates on the Hear No Evil Bandwagon as and when we can. We even have a few festival feelers out there, so I’ll let you know as soon as that all works out. All in all the tour was exactly what I wanted it to be and exactly what I needed. We’re already planning another one for later in the year, aiming for November.

Now, more news! In the middle of all this a few friends and I decided to book an art exhibition! In august this year for the first time ever, I shall be exhibiting my work in the Oriel Bach gallery in the Mumbles. I’m not sure what work to put up yet so Im pretty much going to be painting my bum off between now and then and just see what my favourite work is. And that does also give me some time to build up a website and other bits and pieces so I can “package” my art in a way that is accessible.

And if that wasn’t enough, it looks like I’m leaving Swansea!!!! It’s very early days yet but me and the Mr are looking at Bristol, Manchester or London. Bristol is looking more likely though and Ive been told it has a good music and art scene! So, yes, Ive been busy! And yes, there is more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment