Saturday 17 October 2009

Salt The Earth - Poem



Salt the earth

Graveyard grass lay thick in potent smoke for years I nearly chocked on it but thankfully I learned to grieve. Sphere sized tears dribbled slowly down my tired face and in the grace of that moment I learned of heated peace. My head is hot and lips swollen from fists clenched and heart broken from snarling teeth and wounds open from hateful spit and a life that’s woken up. Not given up. I thank heaven for small graces and hell for warm places and a pillow kissed head faces that I never forget.


Inevitable my hunger filled I don’t know whats worse
Bury me, bury me and salt the earth.


Tomb like scriptures lay casually across my blanket and moments lost and captured inside a memory I made. I layed there for hours in the stillness of that breeze. My knees hurt and ache from the pressure that builds and kills one in ten and again we learn to start from scratch. I itch and pull stitches you made out of my arm, one by one, harm undone as I attempt to reincarnate this water filled flesh, this passion filled breathe will never cease to be.


Inevitable my hunger filled I don’t know whats worse
Bury me, bury me and salt the earth.


Dirt covered smothered and uncovered experiences spill from my underground across your holy ground and I have kept secrets of biblical proportion. My paper white death offers some comfort and I burn under it, almost religiously. I cannot pray inside a chapel for I was made too unclean, toounable to redeem myself, should this be my want. Send me to your nemesis you thesis of the dark, I shall hold a countless weight until my truth moistens your spark.

Inevitable my hunger filled I don’t know whats worse
Bury me, bury me and salt the earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment